Posted December 07, 2023 in Plastic Surgery
Interest in plastic surgery generally peaks in the warmer months because people wish to improve their “summer bodies” and show off a beautiful physique at the pool. But Dr. Scott Green often suggests that patients plan ahead and schedule plastic surgery in the winter to ensure their bodies are ready by the summer. In this blog, he discusses why winter is a great time for plastic surgery.
Why Savvy Patients Choose Winter Surgery
The main benefit of having a body contouring procedure in the winter is that it allows enough time for the patient’s body to recover before swimsuit/short sleeve season. Depending on the surgery, most patients feel well enough to return to work within a couple weeks, but some swelling and bruising can be expected to last for longer. Full and final results can take months to manifest, so you cannot expect to have surgery in June and then have a perfect beach body a few weeks later.
Winter is also an ideal time to recover. With colder temperatures, people are more likely to stay indoors and cover up with bulky clothing, which makes it much easier to conceal signs of recovery until your body is ready to show off again. Winter also has many holidays, so you may be able to time your surgery around some days you already have off from work.
From a scheduling standpoint, it also makes sense to plan for winter surgery. Top surgeons like Dr. Green get a lot of requests around spring, so you are more likely to get an appointment with a great doctor if you do not procrastinate.
Surgeries That Are Popular in Winter
Some of the breast and body procedures that are popular in the winter include:
- Brazilian butt lift: Transfer the patient’s own fat cells to the buttocks to create a more voluminous shape.
- Tummy tuck: Flatten and tone the abdomen by removing loose skin and reconnecting the abdominal muscles to achieve a firmer wall.
- Liposuction: Remove excess fat cells in problem areas to eliminate stubborn fat pockets that have been resistant to diet and exercise.
- Breast augmentation: Breast implants can add size, shape, and cleavage for a more appealing breast presentation.
- Thigh lift: Create sleeker thighs by removing some extra skin and fat from the upper legs.
- Arm lift: Trim excess skin around the upper arms for sleeker arm contours.
Schedule a Winter Procedure
While Dr. Green performs breast and body contouring procedures all year round, he acknowledges that there are certain advantages to scheduling plastic surgery in the winter. For a consultation where you can discuss the kind of aesthetic improvements you would like to make to your body, please call (916) 292-1833 for his Sacramento location or (916) 773-5559 for his Roseville location today.