The decision to pursue breast augmentation is personal, and your surgeon should customize the procedure to address your unique goals. Dr. Scott Green offers a variety of breast augmentation options, including many choices for breast implants in Sacramento and Roseville. He will collaborate with you to achieve just the look you desire.
Some of the most important decisions you make prior to your Sacramento breast enlargement will be about your breast implants.
- Implant type: Implants may be filled with either saline or silicone gel. Each implant fill material has different benefits and drawbacks. Generally, most women find that silicone gel implants have a more natural look and feel. On the other hand, saline implants are slightly more affordable and have achieved great results for many women.
- Implant shape: Implants may be round or anatomic (teardrop) in shape. While some women believe that their teardrop-shaped implants achieve a more natural look, they do have the potential to shift position and require an additional surgery to reposition them. Most women choose round implants.
- Implant shell: Women may choose a smooth or textured shell. A textured shell might be recommended with teardrop implants, although smooth-shelled implants can provide a more natural look and are generally more popular.
- Profile: How far implants project (or “stick out”) from the chest is referred to as the “profile” of the breast implants. Sacramento women seeking a more dramatic change may choose a higher profile implant, while very petite women may choose a moderate profile.
- Size: Measured in cubic centimeters (cc), breast implants come in a variety of sizes. With saline implants, size may be fine-tuned during surgery. However, silicone implants are filled by the manufacturer and cannot be adjusted by Dr. Green. Keep in mind, though, that there is a wide range of implant sizes available in silicone, so it’s easy to find a size for your goals.
After implants have been selected, Dr. Green will guide you through your other choices.
- Placement: Submuscular (below the chest muscle) or subglandular (above the muscle) placement is possible.
- Incision location: There are quite a few incision patterns to choose from for breast augmentation. Incision locations include the crease below the breast, around the areola, or in the armpit (transaxillary).
- Anesthesia: There are basically 2 options for breast augmentation surgery – general anesthesia or IV sedation with local anesthesia.
- Combined procedures: Some women choose to combine their breast augmentation with a breast lift. They may also choose to combine their breast enhancement with body contouring procedures such as a tummy tuck or liposuction in Sacramento. This is common with women choosing a “Mommy Makeover” to correct the more widespread changes caused by pregnancy.
If these options seem overwhelming, don’t worry; Dr. Green listens carefully to each of his patients and will provide the information you need to make good decisions about breast augmentation in Sacramento. He’ll explain how your body type, breast anatomy, skin quality, lifestyle, and goals will influence your options. And, with his thoughtful guidance and sound advice, you will feel confident about every choice that you make. By working together, you will be able to achieve the beautiful breasts you’ve always wanted.
Your First Step
When you’re ready to discuss your individual concerns, needs, and goals, request a consultation online. To find out why Dr. Green is one of the most trusted Sacramento plastic surgeons for breast augmentation, review his solid credentials.